EDC, also known as eCRF (Electronic Case Report Forms) is an electronic platform for clinical data entry. Conducting a clinical study using EDC allows higher quality data, shorter timelines, and “hands on” access to reliable data for informed decision making.
EDC offers an array of beneficial functions:
- Fast setup and training
- Real-time access to data
- Cleaner, accurate data throughout the study.
- Data discrepancies are clarified immediately, thus reducing the need for costly monitoring visits
- Remote access to CRFs – allows clinical monitoring from anywhere in the world.
- Management reports during the study
- Shorter timelines from LPO (Last Patient Out) to DBL (Database Lock)
- Additional optional complementary modules for proactive management of sites
TechnoSTAT offers comprehensive web-based e-clinical solutions, Using the Target e*CRF® EDC system. The system is a comprehensive web-based platform, 21 CFR Part 11 compliant, validated and audited by the FDA.
TechnoSTAT’s team also offers complimentary modules within the system such as Randomization and Kit Allocation (IWRS), Pharmacovigilance and SAE reporting, Central and Local Laboratory Reporting, Medical Coding, electronic Source Documentation, electronic Informed Consent Signing and more.
Depending on the nature of your trial, EDC may be much more advantageous than using paper CRFs with respect to timelines, quality and cost. TechnoSTAT will assist your organization to make the correct choices for your needs.